Develop Mobile applications with ActiveX component library
Last reviewed: 9/10/2008
How Article ID: H090819
The information in this article applies to:
- SpeechKit 6
Some Windows Mobile development tools support ActiveX components as way of extending their programmability.
With SpeechKit 6, you can use the ChantAudio, ChantSR, and ChantTTS component as mobile ActiveX components.
In SpeechKit 6, mobile applications can develop and deploy with an ActiveX SpeechKit library. C++ class header files are included for C++ developers who prefer deploying with ActiveX libraries also.
For mobile C++ applications, reference C:\Program Files\Chant\SpeechKit 6\WinCE Developer\ActiveXARM4\include or C:\Program Files\Chant\SpeechKit 6\WinCE Developer\ActiveXX86\include library.
For ActiveX container development tools that support inserting ActiveX components, select the Project/Components selection option to display a list of available components and scroll through the list and select Chant SpeechKit 6 ActiveX Component Library.
Get started with SpeechKit 6 for your Mobile applications:
- Download SpeechKit 6 WinCE Developer Edition.
- Install SpeechKit 6 WinCE Developer Edition on your desktop system to which your device is attached.
- Run the setupwcearm4.exe to install the utility to unlock your component libraries on the device.
- Run the setupspkwcearm4.exe to copy and register the .NET and ActiveX component libraries on your device.
- Run the Program Files\Chant\chantsv.exe utility to unlock your component libraries and display your evaluation period.
- Compile and run the samples provided for your development IDE.
- Refer to the SpeechKit 6 documentation for detailed information about configuration and programming with the component libraries.