Last reviewed: 1/14/2012
Article ID: H011201
HOW: Developing Speech-enabled Silverlight 5 applications
The information in this article applies to:
- GrammarKit 4
- LexiconKit 4
- ProfileKit 4
- SpeechKit 7
- VoiceMarkupKit 4
Chant Developer Workbench 2011 now supports Silverlight 5 to integrate speech technology with in-browser and out-of-browser 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
Silverlight 5 introduces support for authorized in-browser applications to use COM libraries that enable access to system resources for utilizing speech technology. In addition, the new Silverlight 5 64-bit support enables applications to take full advantage of 64-bit speech technologies.
Chant Developer Workbench 2011 expands it support for Silverlight with new Silverlight 5 component libraries. These libraries work with the 32-bit and 64-bit Chant component libraries for integrating all aspects of speech technology from grammar management to TTS markup.
Silverlight 4 samples are found in the Win32 samples and Silverlight 5 are found in the Win64 samples.
For details see:
- HOW: Developing Silverlight applications that manage grammars
- HOW: Developing Silverlight applications that manage lexicons
- HOW: Developing Silverlight applications that manage profiles
- HOW: Developing Silverlight applications that speak and listen
- HOW: Developing Silverlight applications that manage markup