Frequently Asked Questions
Last reviewed: 10/1/2009
Article ID: F100901
FAQ: What's new in VoiceMarkupKit 3?
Gain development productivity and runtime efficiency.
1. Internal Enhancements for Streamlined Performance
- Classes re-factored for efficiency.
- Libraries compiled and linked with latest version of compiler and runtimes.
- Libraries digitally signed for applications addressing Windows Vista certification requirements.
- Documentation updated with quick-reference icons denoting specific speech API support for Class, Method, Property, Event, and Enumerated Constants.
Read Knowledge Base article H100901 HOW: Determining markup management feature support for more information.
2. L&H Native Control Sequence Markup Language
Now you can generate and edit L&H Native Control Sequence markup language for Nuance RealSpeak Solo and Vocalizer Automotive, Mobile, and Network voices.
Read Knowledge Base article H100902 HOW: Generating and Editing L&H Native Control Sequence markup language for more information.
3. Nuance Voice Phoneme Generation
Now you can generate phonemes with Nuance RealSpeak Solo and Vocalizer Automotive, Mobile, and Network voices.
Read Knowledge Base article H100903 HOW: Generating phonemes with Nuance voices for more information.
4. .NET 3.0 WPF Component Library
Now you can manage markup with WPF applications. Simply add VoiceMarkupKit classes and event handling to your WPF applications.
Read Knowledge Base article H100904 HOW: Developing WPF applications that manage markup for more information.
5. New Class Library for .NET and Java
Now common Chant constants and classes are part of new .NET and Java class libraries. Simply add a reference for the new shared library to start using the common objects.
Read Knowledge Base article H090803 HOW: Referencing common constants and classes with different components for more information.
6. Delphi Prism .NET samples
Now you can develop Delphi Prism .NET application that manage grammars. Simply reference the VoiceMarkupKit .NET class library and use classes to manage markup within your application.
Read Knowledge Base article H100905 HOW: Developing Delphi Prism .NET applications that manage markup for more information.
7. Java 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 libraries
Now you can deploy with releases-specific .jar libraries with your Java applications. Simply select the .jar library version appropriate to deploy with your Java application.
Read Knowledge Base article F110804 FAQ: What Java versions are supported? for more information.
8. Speech API Error Notification Events
Now you can gain insight directly into Speech API error conditions. Simply register for the new CCAPIError callback to receive Speech API error notifications.
Read Knowledge Base article H090809 HOW: Tracking API errors for more information.
9. C++Builder and Delphi VCL components
Now you can build C++Builder and Delphi applications that manage markup. Simply use the new VCL14 component libraries in your C++Builder and Delphi applications.
Read Knowledge Base article H100906 HOW: Developing C++Builder and Delphi applications that manage markup for more information.
10. JBuilder 2008 Samples
Now you can develop JBuilder 2008 applications that manage markup. Simply reference the VoiceMarkupKit Java class library and use classes to generate markup as needed within your application.
Read Knowledge Base article H100907 HOW: Developing JBuilder 2008 applications that manage profiles for more information.
Release the full potential of your applications on mobile devices.
11. New VoiceMarkupKit WinCE Developer Edition for PC2003, Windows Mobile 5, and Mobile 6 devices
Now you can easily generate markup on Windows Mobile devices.
Read Knowledge Base article H100908 HOW: Developing Mobile applications that manage markup for more information.