Voice Extensible Markup Language (VoiceXML) is defined by the W3C as markup language designed for creating audio dialogs that feature synthesized speech, digitized audio, recognition of spoken and DTMF key input, recording of spoken input, telephony, and mixed initiative conversations. Its major goal is to bring the advantages of Web-based development and content delivery to interactive voice response applications.
Its major goal is to bring the advantages of Web-based development and content delivery to interactive voice response applications.
What is Conversation Management?
Conversation management enables you to:
- create, edit, test VoiceXML documents for enriched conversations, and
- validate VoiceXML offline before deploying to voice response servers.
Applications benefits include:
- enhanced performance with optimized documents,
- added flexibility to run with information unknown until runtime, and
- expanded adaptability to run with available technology on the deployed system.
What is VoiceXMLKit?
Chant VoiceXMLKit is comprised of classes and tools for creating, validating, and interpreting VoiceXML. VoiceXML applications can be developed and tested offline before deploying to servers.
It is an application development framework for managing conversations with VoiceXML. Applications now have the ability to dynamically generate VoiceXML at runtime.
VoiceXMLKit includes C++, C++Builder, Delphi, Java, and .NET Framework class library formats to support all your programming languages and sample projects for popular IDEssuch as the latest Visual Studio from Microsoft and RAD Studio from Embarcadero.
The class libraries can be integrated with 32-bit and 64-bit applications.
Conversation Management Architecture
VoiceXMLKit provides a simple way to managed conversations in interactive applications using VoiceXML.
Applications can validate and interpret VoiceXML.
Applications receive status notifications through event callbacks.
Speech recognition and synthesis are supported with Microsoft Speech API and Microsoft Speech Platform recognizers and synthesizers.
VoiceXMLKit encapsulates all of the technologies necessary to make the process of validating and interpreting VoiceXML simple and efficient.
Instantiate VoiceXMLKit to validate or run VoiceXML within your application and destroy VoiceXMLKit to release its resources when conversation management is no longer needed.
Chant VoiceXMLKit is comprised of software classes and tools for managing conversations.
With VoiceXMLKit you can:
- Validate VoiceVXML syntax; and
- Interpret VoiceXML documents.
Within Chant Developer Workbench, you can:
- Create and edit VoiceXML documents;
- Test VoiceXML documents with microphone audio and keypad data; and
- Trace runtime events.
You may explore the capabilities of Chant VoiceXMLKit for 30 days. To continue to use the product after 30 days, you must purchase a license for the software or stop using the software and remove it from your system.
A valid purchased license gives you the right to construct executable applications that use the applicable class library and distribute it with executable applications without royalty obligations to Chant.
The Chant VoiceXMLKit license is a single end-user license. Each devleoper who installs and uses VoiceXMLKit to develop applications must have their own license.
VoiceXMLKit class library names vary by platform: Windows 32-bit and 64-bit. This helps ensure the correct library is deployed with your application.
VoiceXMLKit System Requirements
- Intel processor or equivalent,
- Microsoft Windows 10,
- 120 MB of hard drive space,
- CD-ROM drive,
- VGA or higher-resolution monitor,
- Microsoft SAPI 5 or Microsoft Speech Platform recognizer,
- Microsoft SAPI 5 or Microsoft Speech Platform synthesizer, and
- C++, C++Builder, Delphi, Java, or .NET Framework development environment.